Monday, June 13, 2016

Live Your Life

Unplug and Breathe
Take a moment. Close your eyes. Breathe.

In a world where everything is turning electronic and everyone is connected 24/7, try disconnecting for a bit. Turn everything off but yourself. Just be. Just for a moment.

We’ve forgotten how to be us. Whether it’s the hunt to attract the opposite sex; seeking to impress friends and acquaintances; our peers; employers; random people on the street; even people we don’t like, everyone’s always trying to impress someone else. I’m here to tell you that you don’t have to.

Quite possibly the best name for a
candy store ever created
If it makes you happy to be your quirky self, be your quirky self. If you feel like going for a run, pumping out your motivational superhero soundtrack, go for that run! If you feel like sitting on a couch with a bowl of popcorn waiting for the next Kardashian to have a tantrum over something inconsequential to the rest of us, start popping those kernels! Do what makes you happy and screw the people that you spend your time trying to impress.

Like the opening of this article says, try disconnecting from everything but you for a moment. Go for a walk and turn your phone off (or better yet, leave it at home). Walk slowly, there’s no rush. Think about what truly makes you happy. When you have that figured out, do everything that you possibly can to do what makes you happy. It’s your life, and you only get to live it once. You have the obligation to yourself to be happy.

All this time I’ve been finding myself and I didn’t know I was lost.

Well, that’s not entirely true. Sometimes I do feel lost. Others, not so much. But regardless of whether I feel lost or not, I’m always finding myself. Trying to figure out what makes me happy and how to achieve that happiness. It’s a constant work in progress. Not just for me, but for everyone, whether you read my little blog or not.

What inspired this little melancholy/inspirational post (depending on your take from it)? A few things actually. First and foremost, a couple of conversations I’ve had with a couple of friends. And then there’s a couple of other blog posts that I’ve read. You can read them here and here. The take away? It’s life. It’s not perfect and it’s not what you might expect. But it’s yours to live. Live happy and realize that life’s imperfections are what make it worth living.

Sinceriously,


-Chad

No comments:

Post a Comment