Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Expo Ahead

This weekend is the Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo. One of my favourite events of the year. As a weekend long event, nothing else really compares to the energy and atmosphere that the Expo creates for me. It’s a great experience and one that I bask in twice a year. The Calgary Expo and the Edmonton Expo.

It’s odd, really. For someone that doesn’t like large groups of people, I absolutely love going to the Expo. Perhaps it’s because I’m with so many like-minded people. Common interests go a long way to making one feel comfortable. And there is always something or someone of interest to see.

That being said, the guest list is pretty awesome from my point-of-view as well. We have comic great Stan Lee coming out for his last year doing conventions in Canada; renowned Canadian actor William Shatner; the Wookiee himself, Peter Mayhew; Jason Isaacs and Tom Felton from Harry Potter fame; Brandon Routh and John Barrowman; Famke Janssen; Billie Piper, just to name a few guests. And what would ANY Expo experience be without Garrett Wang? I mean, Garrett has become such a staple at the Expo that it would be hard to imagine his absence. And having met him now on a few occasions, he is quite possibly one of the most down-to-Earth celebrities that I’ve had the pleasure of conversing with.

Another little thing that impressed me (and kind of thrilled me, if truth be told) is that I noticed that I had an ad for the Calgary Expo being advertised on my blog. Sure, that might not be anything worthy of note for any real blogger, but I’m not up there with the ‘professionals’. I get excited about dumb little things like that. I’d hate to see what happens when I have 10,000 views on this little corner of the inter-webs!

All said and done, I’m quite looking forward to this weekend down in Calgary, and I’m sure I’ll have a few blog posts to go along with my experience there. If you are interested in reading about my past Expo experiences, you can find them below:


Sinceriously,


-Chad

No comments:

Post a Comment