Monday, January 11, 2016

One Year Later

A year ago the unthinkable happened to me. Well, I guess it wasn't the unthinkable. Just the unprepared for. That, in case you wanted a refresher, is covered over in this post here. Looking back, it’s not my favourite post. Not by a long shot. But it's the post that has been read the most on this little blog of mine. In fact, none of the entries at the very early days of my little corner of the internet are my favourite. They were negative. And depressing. And very much a product of the events that were playing out in my life at the time.

I’m not sure at which point my posts started getting a more put together feel. Some positivity seems to have injected itself into them somewhere along the way. That, in full honesty, is an insanely good thing. I’m going to say that my trip to Spain was the turning point. Looking back, that’s also when my posts started to really lose the structured feel. I wanted to post three times a week, Monday’s, Wednesday’s, and Friday’s. Well that just seemed to have gone all to shit, eh? I don’t even have a post in all of November. Oh well, I guess when life’s not beating you up, there’s nothing to blog about…

But now? Now I’m ready for some up-beat and positive posts. Some adventures and excitement to liven up the same-old-same-old (though I am aware that a Jedi craves NOT those things). Who knows what this year has in store for me? What I can tell you, though, is that it will be filled with more of what I like. More of my hobbies, and interests. Good books, better friends, maybe new romances, maybe not. What it won’t have is dwelling on the past, a loss of self, or a whole schwack-load of negativity. For those in doubt, I’m back and I’m in control.

I’ve got this.

Sinceriously,


-Chad

No comments:

Post a Comment