Friday, January 30, 2015

New Look, New Me?


I got a haircut. It was needed. It's also a way to symbolically transition into my new "single-hood", even though I am still in complete denial about it. Dani, you see, is a licensed hair stylist and I've relied on her to cut my hair for a number of years now. With her gone, I had to seek out a haircut on my own and actually pay for it. With money. An odd experience, but one I'm going to have to get used to.

But how do I turn a new look into a new me? Inside I'm still the same person, albeit broken and lost, but still me. A new haircut won't turn me into something I'm not. It wasn't make me confident or outgoing. It may make me outwardly more attractive (emphasis on 'may'), but inwardly I'll remain the shy little puppy that I am.

So in short, I don't think a new look creates a new me. You are who you are. You just have to find it. It's all part of the journey I find myself on. And the journey is what counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment