Saturday, January 11, 2014

Worth working for

One of the most difficult things to do is remain motivated and consistent in doing something. Especially in things that you don't really want to do. Or for something that you really want, but don't want to do the work for. But everything worth doing is worth working for.

That's where I'm at right now. It's a new year. It's as cold as a night on Hoth outside (it is Canada after all). And while I'm here inside I would love to be making healthier food options to eat. Unfortunately it seems like I just don't want to do the work. To be fair, it's not the cooking that bothers me. I've spent many years in a commercial kitchen. I know my way around some food. For me it is the dreaded clean up that causes the loss of will. And it is so much easier to dig through the cupboard to find a pack of ramen.

My general well being hasn't been what I would like it to be since August really. I had to postpone aikido due to a wrist injury and when that was all good fate conspired against me to create more problems to keep my from the dojo, though I have been continuing on with yoga once a week through my aikido absence. And even though my job as a bartender keeps me on my feet all shift long, I've been feeling that I need more from myself to keep me healthy and fit. It's time for a return to aikido.

But I think I'm going to make an effort to eat better and cook at home. I'm going to see if I can save some money and make some better choices for myself. It just takes some motivation and consistency. And I think I'm going to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment